This Privacy Statement is used by SafanDarley B.V., SafanDarley GmbH, SafanDarley UK Ltd, SafanDarley North America LLC, hereinafter referred to as ‘SafanDarley’.
Privacy-sensitive data is processed both via the website www.safandarley.com and offline. This data is referred to as ‘Personal Data’. We attach great value to the careful use of personal data, which is why we carefully process and secure all Personal Data. Our employees and any third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any modifications and/or changes to the website may lead to changes in this Privacy Statement.
In our processing we comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means, among other things, that we:
• clearly state for what purposes we process Personal Data. We do this by means of this Privacy Statement.
• endeavour to limit our collection of Personal Data to only that which is necessary for the purposes laid down.
• first of all, ask you for explicit permission to process your Personal Data in cases where your permission is required.
• take appropriate security measures to protect your Personal Data and also require parties who process Personal Data on our behalf to do so.
• respect your right to provide you with your Personal Data for inspection, correction or deletion at your request.
In this Privacy Statement, we explain which Personal Data we collect and use and for what purpose. We advise you to read this statement carefully.
This privacy statement was last modified on 1st June 2018.
Use of Personal Data
When using our website, you leave behind certain information with us. This may be Personal Data. We collect Personal Data in a variety of ways. For example, you may submit a request via our website, in which case we will ask you to provide us with some Personal Data in order to complete the request.
When viewing our website on various devices such as a smartphone, a tablet or a computer, etc., Personal Data is also collected.
You may also contact us with questions and/or complaints by post, email or telephone. In that case, we will contact you to deal with the question or complaint. Finally, we may collect information from you through contests and other promotions in which you have participated, or if you have participated in a market or customer survey.
In addition, data may also be collected through social media channels, for example if you contact us to ask questions. In that case, we will only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we may, among other things, process the following data belonging to you (which is partly dependent on the data you enter yourself – for example, when submitting a request, participating in competitions/promotions).
• last name and first name(s).
• address and/or billing address.
• phone number.
• email address.
• technical data of the equipment you are using (e.g. from your smartphone/laptop/tablet or a retail kiosk), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used.
• your browsing behaviour on the website, including mouse and click behaviour and the duration and time of your visit to our website
The above data is used for the following purposes:
• to offer you the possibility to submit a request or enquiry via our website and to make use of all functionality and services on the website.
• to process your request or enquiry and to inform you about its progress.
• to communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and/or post.
• to process your data for possible participation in contests and other promotions so that we can reach you if you have won something.
• to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, email, by post or by telephone.
• to improve (i.e. personalise) our website, showroom, range and our services, both physically and online. We do this on the basis of: your preferences, market and customer surveys, and the use of our website by visitors.
SafanDarley collects and processes this Personal Data, which is provided by the visitor/client in the event of concluding the contact, providing consent, or a legitimate interest.
The provision of this Personal Data for a purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition for entering into a contract with SafanDarley. If this information is not provided, SafanDarley may not be able to meet our obligations under your contract or we may not be able to properly enable you to meet your own obligations.
Your data will not be kept any longer than necessary, unless we are obliged by law to keep the Personal Data for a longer period of time.
If your data is no longer required, it will be anonymised or deleted.
Provision of data to third parties
SafanDarley will in certain cases, if necessary for the performance of the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement, disclose Personal Data to third parties.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to us to other parties if you have not given your consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law. For example, the police could request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
In principle, SafanDarley does not pass on Personal Data to countries outside of the European Economic Area or to international organisations, unless this is necessary for the performance of the purchase agreement. Should this happen for other reasons, SafanDarley will determine whether there is an adequacy provision within the meaning of the applicable regulations, and in the absence of such a provision, Personal Data will only be passed on if there are appropriate or suitable safeguards. In situations where Personal Data has been passed on, you can request a copy of these documents via email@example.com.
If you have given us your permission to do so, we can send you our newsletter by email. Every communication sent by email provides the option to unsubscribe if you should no longer wish to receive our newsletter. You can also submit your request to unsubscribe via the information listed under Contact.
Existence of automated individual decision-making SafanDarley does not use automated individual decision-making, as this is not necessary for our services. This means that SafanDarley, for example, does not use profiling.
Security of personal data
Because security of Personal Data is very important, SafanDarley ensures that we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to be certain that the Personal Data cannot be abused or otherwise end up in the hands of the wrong person. We ensure that if we forward your Personal Data to other organisations, such as data processors, these organisations will apply the same standards.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this Privacy Statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
What rights do you have? SafanDarley believes it is important that you are able to properly exercise the rights you have under the law. It is therefore very easy to contact us via www.safandarley.com. You can exercise the following rights:-
• the right of access: you have the right to inspect the Personal Data we process about you.
• the right to rectification: if your Personal Data that we are processing is incorrect, you have the right to have it amended.
• the right to deletion: if we no longer need your Personal Data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to delete it. There are a number of exceptions to this, such as our obligation to retain certain data for the tax authorities, for example.
• the right to restrict processing: during the period in which we are determining whether your data should be rectified, determining the lawfulness or otherwise of the data processing, or determining whether data should be deleted, or when you have objected to the processing, you have the right to request restriction of the processing.
• the right to data portability: upon your request, we must transfer all Personal Data that we hold about you to you or any other organisation of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of consent or agreement.
• the right to object: if we process data on the grounds of legitimate interest or public interest, it is possible to object, after which the various interests will be weighed up. In the case of direct marketing, you always have the right to object.
SafanDarley believes it is important that their customers are satisfied. Even if we do everything we can to achieve this, it may be the case that you are not satisfied. It is possible to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA) if it concerns the protection of Personal Data. This can be done via: autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
7241 AB Lochem, The Netherlands.
When you contact us, you will receive a response within one month.